Monolith Digiq Dx3 Bbq Guru Edition
Automatic, digital temperature controller for the Monolith Classic, Monolith Le Chef, as well as most grills. This can be retro-fitted to the front lower vent on any of the above models.
Complete with 2 probes;
- 1 x Pit Probe - detects the temperature inside the dome, and adjusts airflow accordingly
- 1 x Food Probe - detects the temperature of your meat, so that you can easily determine when a joint is cooked perfectly, and prevent it being overcooked - use the 'Ramp Mode' described below and you even get a warning when your meat is almost done!
Why is controlling your cooker’s temperature is important?
The DigiQ DX3 helps solve the two most common problems of cooking outdoors:
- Regulating your grill’s temperature
- Accurately monitoring your food’s temperature
Meat is naturally built around tough, chewy protein fiber structures called collagen. Cooking at precise low temperatures over several hours breaks down those bonds and transforms them into that incredibly tender, tantalizingly juicy, and amazingly delicious BBQ we all crave.
Without the DigiQ, unstable temperature swings quickly dries out your meat and makes it tough. Worse, it could char it beyond recognition. With the use of the DigiQ, however, your cooker’s temperature can be automatically controlled with oven-like precision.
Why is food temperature monitoring important? Open lid. Check temperature. Close lid. Open lid. Check temperature. Close … With most barbequers and grillers, this is what happens. We are so worried about it being overcooked, we constantly check it. That causes the dreaded temperature fluctuations. Because the DigiQ’s digital thermometer constantly tracks your meat’s internal temperature, it eliminates the guesswork of knowing when your food is done. And that means you can pull your food off the heat at the exact moment it reaches its peak of perfection. Simply set your “food ready” temperature on the control, and it notifies you when your meat is done with an audible alert.
Works in Just Four Easy Steps:
- Attach the DigiQ to your grill or smoker
- Place the ambient digital thermometer probe inside on the pit grate
- Place the food digital thermometer inside your meat
- Set your desired temperature for the cooker and your “food ready” temperature
Then let it do its magic.
RAMP MODE FEATURE - Activate the “Ramp Mode” feature and the DigiQ detects when your food is approaching its “done” temperature. It then shuts off the fan blades. That allows you more time to remove your meat at the perfect moment, avoiding the chances of overcooking.
OPEN LID DETECTION - Because opening your cooker’s or smoker’s lid can cause a quick drop in temperature. DigiQ’s built-in algorithms evaluate when a sudden drop in temperature has happened. It then automatically minimizes temperature disturbance and speeds up recovery time to the desired cooking temperature.
FEATURES High intensity LED display that is visible in bright sunlight Controls temperatures ranging from 32˚F-475˚F range with +/- 2˚F accuracy